Black hat is a major antagonist. He is voiced by Alan Ituriel.
characteristics: tall, slender, black skin, black eye, handsome, evil, short-tempered, sadistic, mean, rude, arrogant, selfish, vain, easily-annoyed, cynical, self-centered, sarcastic, comedic, violent, aggressive, abusive, intelligent, unpredictable, easily-bored, a little hedonistic, loves challenges
real age: 2 real years
species: unknown (probably a demon)
comes from: Villanos/Villainous
subrace: negative character
nicknames: Shaula refers to him as "Top hat" almost exclusively.
- He is never seen without a hat.
- He can play the organ and the violin.
- Even before his debut, there were already some Mexican-themed characters in the show, but Black hat is the first one who is actually from Mexico.
- He has a strong disliking towards diclonii, even referring to their constant reliability on their vectors as the "coward's method". A little ironic, considering that his favorite pupil is a diclonius.
- He has the habit of sometimes rolling the R in words that end with the letter.
- Despite his abuse, he is the most popular teacher in the school, as well as the most competent.
- It was revealed in the episode Catch up to me if you can, that he has replaced Crocker as the only male teacher.
- his pupils: Most of the time he treats them as lower life forms, but that does not mean that he cannot be proud of them when they succeed. Black hat loves teaching the children what it means to be a villain and is always glad when he sees that they have actually learned something. Mariko is his favourite pupil and Rudy is his least favourite. There is a possibility that very deep down, he actually cares about his pupils. Evidence for this are the way he talks to Mariko and the fact that he always protects them from positive characters. Although, even if he does care, he would never admit it.
- Shaula: He has a rivalry with his colleague Shaula. Both of them think that their respective teaching methods are much better and that is why they are always trying to prove to each other who is the better teacher. Sometimes, their interactions resemble those of a divorced couple.