Death or Shinigami is a secondary character. He is voiced by John Swansey.
Characteristics: slender, black body, white mask, cute, funny, goofy, friendly, polite, childish, protective, impavid, immature, comedic, kind, friendly
Animated age: more than 800 toon years
Real age: 10 real years
Species: Death god
Comes from: Soul eater
Subrace: Positive character
catchphrase: "What's up?" and "Mandolin?"
- He is never seen without his mask.
- His original actor is Rikiya Koyama.
- He usually appears a minor character, but he is a protagonist in the episodes Love rumble and Guardians of family bonds.
- Death the Kid: Although confused by his perfectionistic tendencies, Death really loves his son and treats him with much affection.
- Asura: Despite being his older son, Death actually strongly despises Asura and claims that he is a disgrace for the family.
- Cass: He started a relationship with Cass in the episode Specialist in everything heartbreaking that continued for a few episodes. The two had a very loving and even passionate relationship. They were getting along, due to having similar personalities, but eventually they broke up.